[Mapserver-users] CGI variables

Davide Prati d.prati at arpalombardia.it
Sun Jan 4 14:37:58 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm newbie in mapserver, and obviously I've any questions.

I'm trying to change the DATA parameter for a layer
The layer setup is:
  LAYER
    NAME Background_10k
    STATUS default
    MINSCALE  0
    MAXSCALE 10000
    DATA "c:\catasto\cartine\a4d1.tif"
    TYPE RASTER
    OFFSITE 255 255 255
  END

and this load a 1:10000 image for the background
Now I will change the name of the file using:

map_Backgruond_10k_data="c:\catasto\cartine\a4d1.tif"

But it does not work! The image showed stay the same.

Another problem...
I'm trying to use this block:

  LAYER
    NAME CRT
    TILEINDEX "C:\CATASTO\GIS\SHAPE\CARTINE.shp"
    TILEITEM "Location"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS DEFAULT
    MINSCALE  0
    MAXSCALE 400000
    OFFSITE 255 255 255
  END

CARTINE.shp is the mosaic for 51 Tiff image.

MapServer report this error for each field in shape file.
"Warning 1: C:\Catasto\Cartine\A4e3.tif:incorrect count for field "DateTime"
(11, expecting 20); tag ignored"

Is this a bug or there are some bug in my shape file dbf file?

Thank

Dr. Davide Prati
ARPA Lombardia (Agenzia Regionale protezione Ambiente)
Varese - ITALY
d.prati at arpalombardia.it