[Mapserver-users] Variable substitution 4.0.1

Johansen Per Henrik phj at norgit.no
Tue Jan 6 11:05:11 EST 2004

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled with the variable substition features in Mapserver. It seems to work fine in some cases, like in the layer object, but when I try to use this functionality in the reference object, I get a parser error. getString(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near (%)
I use it like this to use a dynamically created reference image:

REFERENCE
        IMAGE %refimage%
END

I have also tried to overwrite the IMAGE value by referencing it as map_reference_image=... in the cgi call, but with the same result.
Am I right to suspect that the REFERENCE objectdoes not support variable substitution and cgi referencing?

Regards,

Per Henrik

--
Interconsult NORGIT AS