[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 401: Reference image bounding box

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Jan 6 11:08:17 EST 2004

> I opened my "8 bit indexed gif" reference image in Corel Photo-Paint and
> selected the option "optimize for web" and saved it in the same format (8
> bit indexed gif). The new image works!
> I see a bounding box!
>
> Anyone understands what is going on?

It appears that your problems was probably related to the palette of
colours used in the reference image.  I'm pretty sure that's all the
"optimize for web" option would do for you.  I didn't follow all the
previous discussion, but perhaps your reference map zoom box wasn't showing
up because the colour wasn't available in your palette?  i.e. all the
available colours were used up in rendering your reference map and none
were left when it went to add the box line.

Anyway, glad to hear your problem is rectified.

Tyler