[Mapserver-users] Demo won't write to /tmp directory?

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Jan 6 16:36:49 EST 2004

> I keep getting the message in the apache error_log with File does
> not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/tmp/DBvblahrandomnumber.png
>
> I'm not seeing any .png files created in this tmp directory.

Most problems with this stem from one or two places.  The most common place
is erroneous settings in the .map configuration file.

Take a look at your itasca demo .map file, which probably is located at:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/itasca/demo.map

It looks to me like your IMAGEPATH should be:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/tmp/
Your IMAGEURL should be: /tmp/

What is it currently set at?

Tyler

p.s. Are others using Apache2 successfully with Mapserver?