[Mapserver-users] Re: PROJECTION error in mapserver

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 8 18:08:38 EST 2004

Please send your questions to the mapserver-users list, that will give
you the best chances of getting a timely reply, and the solution to your
problem will be archived for others who may run into the same thing
later.  I have CC'd this reply to the list.

Back to your question, this error message tells you that your 'mapserv'
  CGI is not compiled with PROJ4 support.  You didn't specify your
platform, but since all pre-built windows executables usually include
PROJ support, I assume that you are on Unix/Linux and compiled MapServer
yourself. You'll need to install PROJ4 on your machine, and then
reconfigure MapServer using --with-proj, and recompile it.

There may also be ways to run the tutorial without the PROJECTION stuff,
but I'mnot familiar enough with the tutorial to tell.

Daniel