[Mapserver-users] visual symbology guide

Thomas E Burk teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Fri Jan 9 17:17:05 EST 2004

It's not the official because there is no official. That's sort
of a sore point for some of us. We've tried to come up with a
logo but can't get people to agree. We paid someone to create a
logo used at the MapServer User Meeting, but that had detractors.
We could just take the executive decision approach and ram one
down peoples' throats but that wouldn't really be in the spirit
of things, would it. So I'd just say for now use what strikes you
as appropriate and share it (via this list e.g.) - who knows
maybe someone WILL come up with something that knocks people
over.

>From our point of view it's just "helpful" when people
acknowledge on their site that they are using MapServer (and link
to the home page so people know which mapserver it really is). A
fair majority of people don't do that.

Tom