[Mapserver-users] WFS throws an error when ArcGIS connects

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 10 05:22:13 EST 2004

Hi Joost,

did you try with a HTTP sniffer to see what exact requests ArcGIS is
generating for Mapserver?

BTW is the interoperability pack for ArcGIS now on the market?

I can't even connect with ArcExplorer to a Mapserver WFS because
apparently ArcExplorer needs the Abstract child elemenent from <Service>
in the Capabilities although according to the OGC schema it is optional
(<xsd:element ref="wfs:Abstract" minOccurs="0" />).

com.esri.axl.marshal.UnMarshallingException: No data for element Abstract
inside sequence in line 1.

Best regards,
Bart