[Mapserver-users] abnormal program termination: errors in .dgn files ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 12 10:53:27 EST 2004

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did you try inspecting the 2 dgn files with ogrinfo?

Jerfass,

I would like to second Bart on that.  The correct sequence of operations to
isolate the problem is:

  1) Try the files in question with mapserv/shp2img.   If no problem you are done.

  2) Try the files with ogrinfo.  (eg ogrinfo -ro -al abc.dgn)  If ogrinfo
     has no problem the issue is likely with MapServer or the mapserver OGR
     bindings.  File the bug in MapServer Bugzilla and assign to me.

  3) If possible download and build the dgnlib tools (http://dgnlib.maptools.org)
     and test if dgndump works fine with the file.  If dgndump works fine then
     the bug is presumably in the OGR bindings on dgnlib.  File a bug in the
     GDAL/OGR bugzilla which will be assigned to me by default.

  4) If even dgndump crashes then create a bug report in the dgnlib bugzilla
     which will be assigned to me.   If you can't practically build dgnlib
     yourself, then just submit the issue as a GDAL/OGR bug.

PS. Don't forget to attach or point to at least one file that demonstrates
the bug, and include details of the versions of GDAL/OGR that you are using.
Ideally you should update and test with the latest version.

Best regards,