[Mapserver-users] Mapserver + PostGIS for dummies.

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Thu Jan 15 14:18:44 EST 2004

> Is there any holding your hand walk throughs on implementing a Mapserver
+
> PostGIS system? Looking for something where we can dump SHP files
> into the db as
> well as rasters then view them.

Hi Jason, glad to hear you're taking the next step.
It would be helpful for us if you could post a couple more bits of info:
- contents of your map file
- describe structure of the postgis table in question (ie in psql: >\d
<tablename> )
- complete listing of your geometry_columns table

That should help us track with your problem a bit more.

Tyler

p.s. "Mapserver + PostGIS for dummies" is a bit of an oxymoron ;)