[Mapserver-users] Shape file and AUTO projection problems

Jay Cable jcable at gi.alaska.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:51:50 EST 2004

=> What version of mapproject.c are you looking at?  Back in September I
=> updated mapproject.c in CVS to return error codes if any points fail
=> to project ... that should include msProjectLine().
=>
=> However, in the end I chickened out of changing msDrawShape() (or whatever
=> the higher level function was) so that it wouldn't draw shapes that failed
=> to reproject since it would result in nothing being drawn for some big shapes
=> even if most of it reprojected properly.  So my changes didn't prevent the
=> kind of corruption you are seeing.   I have a partial change to do that
=> in my mapserver dev directory, but I avoided committing it.
=>
=> In short, mapproject.c should be fine in CVS.  If you are interested, perhaps
=> you could shift to the CVS version and do some testing with higher level
=> checks on whether various project calls have succeeded.

I have it pretty much working now for the data I am interested in
but I will take a look at the code in CVS.

What I have done is not a general purpose fix though - does anyone know if
there is any plan for a more general fix for this problem?

Regards,
  -Jay
  jcable at gi.alaska.edu