[Mapserver-users] compile error

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 15 18:19:58 EST 2004

There is a new version of map.h in CVS that you can get. The problem
seems to be the use of class which is a reserved word on some compilers.
  If you do not have access, just the change the class by classobj (or
other non reserved name)

int msMoveStyleUp(classObj *class, int nStyleIndex);
int msMoveStyleDown(classObj *class, int nStyleIndex);

Later,

Randy James wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was trying to compile the nightly for 1/15/04 and was
> getting the error:
>
> In file included from mapogr.cpp:123:
> map.h:1319: parse error before 'int'
> map.h:1320: parse error before 'int'
>
> So I checked the map.h and guessed that maybe it should be
> layer rather than class because the rest in the section
> were layer. good guess or bad guess? well the compile
> worked anyway.
>
> i changed this
>
> int msMoveStyleUp(classObj *style, int nStyleIndex);
> int msMoveStyledown(classObj *style, int nStyleIndex);

> int msMoveStyleUp(classObj *layer, int nStyleIndex);
> int msMoveStyledown(classObj *layer, int nStyleIndex);
>
> I have a tiny bit of C programming experience, enough to
> know i do not know what i am doing anyway so, tell me what
> i did. ha ha
>
> Randy

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst