[Mapserver-users] Geo TIFFs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 16 16:55:31 EST 2004

Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> I am trying to go the route described using gdal. Everything seems to compile
> but nothing appears different from command line options, help etc. I did notice
> during configure gdal did indeed explicitly state it was using internal tiff
> gtiff. Still the tiff will not display but the jpeg will. Below I have listed
> out the results from gdalinfo for the jpeg and tiff file. In the map file all I
> do is change the extension from jpg to tif. Id rather not touch my libtiff (at
> 3.5.7-11) because if I do it will wreck havok on other systems across the board
> and I really am not in the mood for another dozen or more compilations that will
> in turn require more than like half a dozen more supporting ones. =)
>
> Could the warning 1 be the problem I am having?

Jason,

The warning could conceivably be causing a problem in the mapserver
context, but I doubt it.   To fixup the error, you should be able to
just use gdal_translate to copy the geotiff file.

eg.

gdal_translate top10c0.tif top10c0_new.tif

Are you sure that mapserver is build "--without-tiff"?  I think I said
"--without-libtiff" last time which would be wrong.

Best regards,