[Mapserver-users] Raster Legend Icons etc.

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Fri Jan 16 17:47:11 EST 2004

Im trying to create a legend icon for when my raster layers are on.

LAYER
  NAME top10c0
  TYPE raster
  STATUS OFF
  CLASS
    NAME 'Utah County Top Raster'
    SYMBOL 'symbols/raster01.png'
  END
  DATA "top10c0.jpg"
  OFFSITE 255 255 255
  PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3"
END

This will work only if I comment out the PROCESSING line. In which case it
prints the name and a white icon and my image layer is in black and white. If I
do not I get the following error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'top10c0'.
drawGDAL(): Unable to access file. Attempt to classify 24bit image, this is
unsupported.

Now if I do something like:

LAYER
  NAME tiletop10c0
  STATUS OFF
  TILEINDEX top10c0.shp
  TILEITEM Location
  TYPE RASTER
  CLASS
    NAME 'Utah County Top Raster'
    SYMBOL 'symbols/raster01.png'
  END
END

The icon shows up perfectly etc. But I also dont have an image drawn. Im
assuming I dont have the tiling deal setup properly.

So basically the question is how do I get this icon to print with the text in
the legend but still have my 24bit color raster layer display?

Thanks.