[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer/ WMS questions

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 18 14:58:41 EST 2004

Hi Matthew,

I also tried your URL and put the message level in ArcExplorer to ALL and
get the following info, so it seems the GetCapabilities request
ArcExplorer is sending does not get the right response, i.e. try it for
yourself in a browser and you get 8 errors from the terraservice WMS:

GetCapabilities Request :
http://terraservice.net/OgcMap.ashx?VERSION=1.1.1&WMTVER=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=capabilities

GetCapabilities Request :
http://terraservice.net/OgcMap.ashx?VERSION=1.1.1&WMTVER=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=capabilities

###### Start to WMS getCapabilities in GetWMSService class version=null

************** realVersion is = none

************** Version is = null

This version is not supported

******** Exception for WMS:null

java.lang.NullPointerException

----
For using Mapserver WMS with ArcExplorer it needed some tweaks. It seemed
ArcExplorer could only work with WMS 1.1.1.

Maybe you can get some additional useful information from this page on the
Wiki:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WMSMapserverArcExplorer

Best regards,
Bart