[Mapserver-users] measure tool

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Tue Jan 20 11:50:25 EST 2004

Michael Smith wrote:

> Yes, the one on your website is exactly the type of measure/distance tool
> that I am looking for.

That type of measure tool runs entirely on the client - it does not
depend on anything on the server. The measure tool on my site uses the
Java applet "jBox". See:
    http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/jbox-howto.html
If you do not want to deal with Java, I think there has also been some
discussion of a DHTML implementation.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood