[Mapserver-users] proxy

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 21 14:42:15 EST 2004

Hi list,

today I have installed Mapserver in a production environment.

In this environment all the HTTP traffic in browsers goes through a proxy.
So this means I cannot cascade maps with Mapserver in the production
environment coming from external WMS servers.

Is there a solution for this to get the HTTP traffic emerging from
Mapserver to go through the proxy as well?

BTW: this is one of the possible causes for the "msExecuteHTTPRequest:
time out of 30 seconds exceeded ..." error which I see regularly in the
mail archive. If you put the URL in a browser it works, but that's because
the browser goes through the proxy and Mapserver does not.

Best regards,
Bart