[Mapserver-users] Easy mapfile question

Jim Buzbee James.P.Buzbee at lmco.com
Thu Jan 22 11:41:56 EST 2004

I'm working on an application that starts with a whole-world raster
image.  As the user pans and zooms in different areas, I want more
detailed raster images to be displayed if they are available.

I currently have a single raster image referenced in my map file and it
is working properly.  My question : How do I add additional rasters to
the map file?

For example, say I have a raster map of the western US with extents of
something like 34N, 114W to 35N, 112W. How do I reference this in my map
file?  Here's my current map file :

MAP
   STATUS ON
   EXTENT -180 -90 180 90