[Mapserver-users] savequery

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Thu Jan 22 13:34:56 EST 2004

Richie Pierce wrote:

> I have changed the CGI demo a little and created a simple map.  I have a
> search box and pass the qlayer, qitem, qstring to mapserver CGI to
> return a querymap.  Once the map is zoomed and the feature is
> highlighted how do I keep the feature highlighted even when I zoom or
> pan, or even turn on other layers for that matter.  I am passing
> savequery=true as a hidden var in my form but if I zoom out or refresh
> the map the selection goes away.

When savequery is true, Mapserver will save the query to a file and pass
the saved file name back in: [queryfile]. Then you need to pass that
file name back to Mapserver as queryfile=(whatever_query_filname_was).
You may need to use some javascript to give the user some control.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com