[Mapserver-users] Display of text labels by type

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Thu Jan 22 14:45:56 EST 2004

You need define a CLASSITEM "type"  at the LAYER level, assuming the field in your dbf file is named "type"
Then in the CLASS use e.g. EXPRESSION  "City"  and only the records of type City will be displayed using that CLASS color, size, label, etc.

You can create other classes for the other types or not.