[Mapserver-users] Re: VirtualSpatialData (OGR Connectiontype)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 10:24:13 EST 2004

Julien, Heryk wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried it and I don't get the table content!
>
> Firt try:
> D:\WebScripts\MapServer>ogrinfo
> D:\webCGCq\lcnp\mapserver_demo\maritimes\data\shp\geo83\mgwi.ovf
>
> ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
> Had to open data source read-only.
> INFO: Open of
> `D:\webCGCq\lcnp\mapserver_demo\maritimes\data\shp\geo83\mgwi.ovf'
> using driver `VRT' successful.
> 1: MGWI_TBLLOC (Point)
>

> Second try with the table name:
> D:\WebScripts\MapServer>ogrinfo
> D:\webCGCq\lcnp\mapserver_demo\maritimes\data\shp\geo83\mgwi.ovf tblloc
>
> ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
> Had to open data source read-only.
> INFO: Open of
> `D:\webCGCq\lcnp\mapserver_demo\maritimes\data\shp\geo83\mgwi.ovf'
> using driver `VRT' successful.
>

> The table doesn't seem to be coming through! Any idea?
>
> I tried the new build that Paul made available this morning and I get the
> same problem!

Hi,

I'm not sure if I missed some of the email on this thread (it is pretty
overwhelming!) but you didn't use the correct table name in your ogrinfo
query.  When you ran ogrinfo without the layer name you got "1: MGWI_TBLLOC
(Point)" as the result.  The "MGWI_TBLLOC" portion of this is the layer
name.  So you should use it, not TBLLOC as the layer name in your ogrinfo
query:

Good luck,