[Mapserver-users] Re: [Mapserver-users] How to edit?

bpicinbono@worldonline.fr bpicinbono at worldonline.fr
Sat Jan 24 17:01:21 EST 2004

Hi, the list

 Juraj Cenek asked about editing shapes with MapServer :

> Hallo, I have one question about the mapserver, is it possible
> to modify the maps online (for example every user can create his
> own layer on the server, when he inputs the password, his layers
> will appear). Is this possible? (for example user wants to create
> own map of his trips among his country) I've seen applications,
> that can input points, but no application, that can include line,
> polygone......
> >Thanx,
> > Ing. Juraj Cenek

This can be done easily with Php-MapScript. Although you can find
hundreds of MapServer demos that display datas, very few allow
you to digitize your own datas. Mine is there :
http://webmaps.ouvaton.org
You can delete, draw or edit shapes (move a point, move or
delete a vertex of a line or poly, add a new vertex . . .).
I can give you some help with the code, but you should read
the Php-MapScript doc and search this list with the
Php-MapScript editing functions names. You should find
everything you need.

bye
Blaise

********** PROTEGEZ VOS E-MAILS !**********
Avec Tiscali SuperMail, vos e-mails en toute sécurité !
Anti Spam personnalisable
Anti Virus actualisé en permanence
et de nombreux bonus...
Pour en savoir plus, rendez-vous sur http://www.tiscali.fr/supermail/