[Mapserver-users] wms server projection

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Thu Jul 1 19:04:01 EDT 2004

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but maybe this will help.

Are you only using EPSG codes in your PROJECTION objects of the map file?
You don't have to!  You can use all the parameters that an EPSG
encapsulates.  For example, these two entries are identical:

PROJECTION
  "proj=omerc"
  "lat_0=46.9524056"
  "lon_c=7.4395833"
  "alpha=90"
  "k=1"
  "x_0=600000"
  "y_0=200000"
  "ellps=bessel"
  "units=m"
  "no_defs"
END

PROJECTION
  "init=EPSG:21781"
END

You can see why the later is often used :)

You should then be able to modify any of those parameters to suit your
likings.

Hope that helps.
Tyler

mapserver-users-admin at lists.gis.umn.edu wrote on 07/01/2004 12:48:14 AM:

> Hi all
>
> I have a umn mapserver 4.2 wms-server and chameleon.
> I would include a layer of this wms server. The projection of the
> layer has an
> alpha value of 90 (init=epsg:21781), which produces an error.
> <21781> +proj=omerc +lat_0=46.95240555555556
+lonc=7.439583333333333+alpha=90