[Mapserver-users] Making the MapFile Reference Document even more useful...

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Jul 6 10:28:29 EDT 2004

I agree.  Simple examples of usage for mapfile parameters would be very
useful.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance

On Jul 2, 2004, at 12:13 PM, P Wilkerson wrote:

> I have a suggestion that was inspired by a recent message that
> referenced
> the MapFile reference document.
>
> Does anybody else think it would be helpful actual examples were
> incorporated into the MapFile reference document?
>
> If including examples in the actual reference would make it too
"busy,"
> then perhaps links to snippets of code??  For example, you could
have
> examples for  PERL, PHP, Python, etc.   If the information is
already
> available in the Wiki, then a link to that section would be useful.
>
> If there is interest in doing this -- and a need for volunteers to
> help, let
> me know.
>
> Peter Wilkerson

Peter,

The mapfile reference document is aimed at users of the CGI program
and,
IMO, shouldn't be cluttered with scripting code.  I do think that
actual
examples of mapfile configuration would be appropriate.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies