DXF in mapserver (was Re: [Mapserver-users] (no subject) )

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 7 01:10:32 EDT 2004

Daniele Margotti wrote:
> It doesn't work for me (although MapServer is correctly installed and
> works very good).
>
> My mapfile is:
>
> MAP
>   IMAGETYPE imagemap
>   OUTPUTFORMAT
>     NAME imagemap
>     MIMETYPE "text/plain"
>     DRIVER imagemap
>     EXTENSION dxf
>     FORMATOPTION DXF=ON
>   END
> END

Daniele,

I'm not sure what the limitations of the imagemap/dxf driver are, but I
have had it work for me for simple vector data.  However, this causes
MapServer to produce DXF output, not consume DXF as input.  Was that your
intent?

BTW, as far as I know the DXF imagemap support is built in by default in
MapServer 4.2 and beyond.

Best regards,