R: DXF in mapserver (was Re: [Mapserver-users] (no subject) )

Daniele Margotti margottid at comune.lugo.ra.it
Wed Jul 7 02:35:38 EDT 2004

have had it work for me for simple vector data.  However, this causes
MapServer to produce DXF output, not consume DXF as input.  Was that
your intent?

>BTW, as far as I know the DXF imagemap support is built in by default
in MapServer 4.2 and beyond.

>Best regards,
>--

Frank,

my intent is, in fact, to produce DXF output (i.e., the user can
download - in DXF format - currently shown map simply by clicking on an
appropriate link that uses the DXF map, and so on).

Now I have MapServer 4.0.1, still not 4.2:
<!-- MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

I think I compiled MapServer without appropriate output support, isn't
it?
I also used gdal-1.1.9 (because MapServer compilation failed with
gdal-1.2.0, but I don't remember the message error now).

Two questions about gdal/ogr:
 - http://www.remotesensing.org:16080/gdal/ogr/ogr_formats.html shows
supported vector formats: why can't I see DXF?
 - if I decide to install latest version of gdal, and then recompile
MapServer, could I have problems since there is no more the
\frmts\shapelib directory in the source tree? (I am however used to
compile and install the full version of Geo-Shapelib, so there shouldn't
be any problem...).

Thank you for your time (and - obviously - for the great work!).

	Daniele