[Mapserver-users] Slow Oracle connection

COUTUJF at dfo-mpo.gc.ca COUTUJF at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Wed Jul 7 22:40:01 EDT 2004

Hello,
	I'm trying to connect to an Oracle (not spatial) through an ovf file
and ODBC. I tested the DSN with Access and everything is ok and runs fast.
When I'm testing my connection with "ogrinfo sipa.ovf", the connection does
occur but it's so slow. It can take up to 15 minutes to get the info back!!!

Using the same connection with MapServer is not better. I probably hit a
timeout before anything can be drawn.

The table scheme is called SIPAQBC and the name of the table is MARINFO so
here is my ovf file:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
<OGRVRTLayer name="SIPAQBC">
<SrcDataSource>ODBC:SIPAQBC/SIPAQBC at SIPA</SrcDataSource>
<SrcLayer>MARINFO</SrcLayer>
<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
<LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
<GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="LONGITUDE" y="LATITUDE"/>
</OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

The funny thing is that the output of the "ogrinfo sipa.ovf" command  always
begins with:

ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
ERROR 1: No column definitions found for table 'Activit?', layer not usable.
ERROR 1: No column definitions found for table 'Activit? CPA', layer not
usable.

please help,

thanks,

JF