[Mapserver-users] RE: sid images

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at ou.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:08:19 EDT 2004

Hi Alexandre:

Yup. Mapserver can be used with Mr.SID files., but you need to purchase the Mr.SID DSDK from Lizard Tech.

Here is how to do it..(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0402/msg00699.html)

Contents of the above link:

1)Here is a link to GDAL building instructions..."Under External
Libaries"

	http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_building.html

You need the decoder SDK from Lizardtech

2) Attached is the contact of the person to obtain this DSDK from for
Midwest, but if you contacted Lizardtech they can give a local contact.

3) Cost of DSDK is $500

4) One problem I ran into when using this option. Use the cvs-daily.

Let me know if you run into any other issues..and need help.

Thanks,
Gayathri
PS: There are some archives in mapserver list on the build-errors and shortcoming in
mapserver-user list archive...for your reference

http://www.cria.org.br