[Mapserver-users] Building MapServer for Max OS X (10.3)

William K woklist at charter.net
Thu Jul 8 19:57:01 EDT 2004

Bill,

Woohoo!  I was a bit under the weather today, enough to stay home, not
enough that I couldn't add a MapServer build page to my site.  Also
reorganized the general info a bit.

<http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/macosx/index.html>

About PostGreSQL + PostGIS - yeah, there were some issues back then,
but even as far back as 7.3.3 I got it working with a simple configure,
make, install.  The key was to NOT use a -O3 optimizing CFLAG (that was
an old habit of mine).  You shouldn't have to use Fink.  I haven't
tried PostGre recently (7.4.x + 0.8.x), but it should be easy, no-fuss.
  (PostGIS is not a big priority for me, but I could check it out if you
have problems.)

Take a look, let me know if you have any questions, enjoy.