[Mapserver-users] rectObj->fit()

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jul 9 01:12:00 EDT 2004

That method takes an extent and 'fits' it to a particular image size.
The input parameters are the hight and width of an image. What's
returned is the cellsize (in map units) of the resulting extent and
image.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Abram Gillespie <agillesp at vt.edu> 07/08/04 11:51 PM >>>
I'm having trouble understanding rectObj->fit().  What are units are
the input arguments?  I figured they'd be in the units of the map.  For
instance, I'd like to grow a given rectangle by 1000'  So I'd think I'd
do something like:

$x = $rect->fit(1000, 1000);

What is the double that's returned?  I thought that might be the factor
I would grow or shrink the original rectangle.  Would someone help
please ... maybe post some example code?

Thanks.
-Abe