[Mapserver-users] Join & Query?

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sun Jul 11 09:22:16 EDT 2004

Steve McCrone wrote:
> I am using mapserver only (i.e. not mapscript). Currently, I sue the shape
> file's dbf file to pop up information from a query. However, when the user
> queries multiple layers many items are selected. I wish to have one template
> file that will display all the different layers selected in the query. Does
> this mean I use a JOIN?

Join is probably not what you need. Why do you want it all in one
template? Mapserver supports a powerful hierarchy of templates and
encourages you to use many template files. You can stack and nest
templates. You can have templates in the WEB section that effect the
whole result page, and in each layer, and even each class.

HEADER & FOOTER templates only get called once for a given layer, but
TEMPLATEs get called for each object in a layer, and you can have
different templates of each class by putting the template inside the class.

HTH

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood