[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Frans Knibbe frans at geodan.nl
Mon Jul 12 08:53:51 EDT 2004

Hello people,

I am still trying to get MapServer 4.2 to produce SWF output. So far, I
have not succeeded so I would like to explain what I am doing, hoping that
someone spots the problem.

I have a simple map file:

MAP
   DEBUG ON
   NAME "Test"
   EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
   SIZE 800 600
   SHAPEPATH "E:\geodata\world\"
   UNITS dd
   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:4326"
   END
   WEB
     METADATA
       "wms_title" "Test"
       "wms_onlineresource"
"http://frans:92/srdag/frans/mapserv.exe?map=test2.map&"
       "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
     END
     IMAGEPATH "E:\temp\"
     IMAGEURL "/temp/"
     LOG "E:/temp/mapserv.log"
   END
   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME png
     MIMETYPE image/png
     DRIVER GD/PNG
     EXTENSION png
     IMAGEMODE PC256
     TRANSPARENT TRUE
   END
   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME swf
     MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
     DRIVER swf
     IMAGEMODE PC256
     FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE"
   END
   LAYER
     NAME "cities"
     DATA "cities"
     TYPE POINT
     CLASS
       COLOR 255 0 0
     END
   END
END

As you can see, the data source is a shapefile containing only points. When
I request a PNG image, I get a map. In the error log file, the message
"msBuildPath: Unable to access file" is written, however. I presume this is
not a serious error, because I do get a map.  The same error is written if
I request a SWF file, but in this case I don't see a map. The flash player
*is* started, because if I right click in the browser window I get a flash
player menu. An example of the map request:
http://frans:92/srdag/frans/mapserv.exe?map=test2.map&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=cities&styles=&SRS=epsg:4326&bbox=-150,-90,150,90&width=800&height=600&format=application/x-shockwave-flash

The imagepath is writable by the web server user, as is proven by the fact
that the mapserver log file is in the same directory, and this file gets
updated with every request.

In this thread:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0402/msg00063.html
, Perry N. writes that HTML templates are needed for SWF output, at least,
that is how I understand it. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If so,
what should be in the template file?

Using: MapServer 4.2, precompiled for windows with Oracle support (and SWF
of course), windows XP, Apache 2.50, flash plugin 7.

Greetings,

Frans Knibbe