[Mapserver-users] tileindex problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jul 12 19:35:07 EDT 2004

Dion Duran wrote:
> HI all,
> 	I'm trying to get a tile index working. I have 3 tif with a tfw file. I used the gdaltindex to create the tile index. I can open it up in ArcGIS and get the extents and everything. I can view the rasters alone, but not with the tile index. The web server crashes and I get a cgi error from IE. The log file is blank. I'm also getting an error whan I try to display the raster through a wms client. I've narrowed it down to maybe a projection issue, but I cannot figure out how to fix it. I've searched the forums and all the documentation. I'm running ms 4.0.2 w/ gdal.
>
> Thanks for any assistance,
> Dion Duran
> GIS Developer - UEI

Dion,

  1) Try complete paths for the tile index and for the raster files as
     recorded in the tile index.

  2) Try reproducing the problem with shp2img (often better debug info).

  3) Try turning on maximum debugging.  There is a topic about it in the wiki.
     Amoung other things, turn on Mapserver debugging with DEBUG ON keyword on
     the layer, and GDAL debugging with "set CPL_DEBUG = ON" at the commandline
     before running shp2img.

  4) Developers will be more interested in your problem if you are running with
     a more current version of the software (ie. mapserver 4.2.x).

Good luck,