[Mapserver-users] Error on import mapscript in Python with Mapserver 4.2.1

Björn Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Wed Jul 14 11:54:04 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,

> gdImageSetClip was added to GD in version 2.0.12.  I suspect that you
> have an early version (before 2.0.12) of GD on your system that is
> interfering with the GD 2.0.27 you want to use.

Maybe you're right. I have also a mapserver 3.6.5 running wich is
compiled against gd-2.0.7. This gd is under /usr/lib/ while the new
compiled gd-2.0.27 is under /usr/local/lib/.

Would it be a way to compile Mapserver with
--with-gd=static,/path/to/gd-2.0.27
and then rebuild mapscript??

Thanks ,

Bjoern.