[Mapserver-users] error message: malformed header from script. Bad header=%PNG

swang49 at uwo.ca swang49 at uwo.ca
Wed Jul 14 19:49:35 EDT 2004

Hello,
I am using Apache and MapServer 4.2.0 on windows XP. When I tried to run
tutorial Example1-1, I got the error message - "500 Internal Server Error.
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request" on IE. I checked Apache error log, which says "malformed
header from script. Bad header=%PNG: mapserv40.exe". The command I used on IE
address bar was
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv40.exe?map=C:/MapServerProjects/tutorial/example1-1.map&mode=map".
I couldn't figure out the reason. Can anyone give me some response? Thank you
in advance.

Cliff