[Mapserver-users] CGI can't read WMS using image/png files

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Mon Jul 19 19:01:30 EDT 2004

I'm stumped using v4.2b3.  My WMS client connections work great, unless I
request a image/png format.  My MapServer creates png images but can't
seem to read them, which is doubly confusing.   Even stranger is that
shp2img works great, but not through the CGI.  (Hmm, perhaps I only tried
it with that single layer using shp2img but not with CGI and that is the
problem?)

I had read something similar which pointed to gdal - libpng - mapserv and
which png libs were compiled into either.  AFAIK I've successfully built
them against the same libs.

Any ideas?  I can give more detail (I admit that it's lacking) but
wondered on the surface if anyone is hitting this?