[Mapserver-users] Center map on feature?

Guy Hunt mapserver at lparchaeology.com
Mon Jul 26 09:10:36 EDT 2004

I would like to ask the list for any ideas about how I can centre a map
on a specific site/feature.

We currently link from a site result page (generated from a database) to
a map search page by grabbing the X,Y UTM zone 33 values for the site
that we hold in the database. e.g. reference map  link on page:

http://www.fastionline.org/php/content.php?item=4&site_id=80&lang=it

will take you to the main map page centred on the site.

However, we have recently begun to add sites that are in UTM zone 32. We
project all this very neatly using mapserver. However, we need to think
of a new way to link back from a single site to the main map centred on
the site.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Every site has a unique id which
is also present in our shapefile.

Many thanks,

Guy

--