[Mapserver-users] USGS WMS Services

David Bitner bitner at macnoise.com
Thu Jul 29 13:40:43 EDT 2004

Could someone help me with the mapfile sytax to use the Urban Orthophotos
from gisdata.usgs.net.

These are the snippets from my mapfile right now and am not getting
anything:
PROJECTION
    "proj=utm"
    "ellps=GRS80"
    "zone=15"
    "north"
    "no_defs"
END
LAYER
    NAME "USGS_EDC_Ortho_133Urban"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE RASTER
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    CONNECTION "http://gisdata.usgs.net/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?"
    METADATA
        "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326 EPSG:26915"
        "wms_name"            "USGS_EDC_Ortho_133Urban"
        "wms_server_version"  "1.1.0"
        "wms_formatlist"      "image/gif,image/png,image/jpeg,image/wbmp"
        "wms_format"          "image/gif"
    END
    MAXSCALE 20000
  END
MapServer version 4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks,
David