[Mapserver-users] OGR Layer with SQL

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 29 16:31:04 EDT 2004

Blaine Hackett wrote:
> Thanks Frank. I will do that. One other thing.  I am
> trying to send variables via the url so that people
> can input a date range from the webpage.
>
> So, I am not using an .ovf file.  I have the OGR
> connection syntax in the map file(I have that working
> by the way).
>
> The question is, would that make any difference?

Blaine,

Nope ... same issues apply.  Well, there is actually the added issue
of Mapfile escaping.  If you are using single quotes for your argument
to CONNECTION or however that works, then you can't use unescaped single
quotes inside the connection string.  I'm not sure what mechanisms might
exist to quote them in MapServer.

In fact, this is the worse of all worlds.  You have to worry about MapServer
.map escaping, XML escaping and SQL escaping!  Ugg.

Best regards,