[Mapserver-users] Hwo to change OVERLAYSIZE from perl/php?

Hermann-Marcus Behrens hermi at citybeat.de
Tue Jun 1 09:50:19 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm using the new mapserv/mapscript 4.2 and I would
like to access OVERLAYSYMBOL and OVERLAYSIZE from within mapscript with
perl.

Is this not possible anymore? I tried to change the values with
"classObj" and "styleObj", but
both attempts failed.

I need OVERLAYSIZE to change dynamically the "border" around polylines
for streets.
Before OVERLAYSYMBOL etc. were introduced, I drew the streets twofold,
once a little bit thicker and in a darker color and the second time
thinner with a lighter color.

Is this a reasonable way to create borders around polylines?

Greetings from Germany,

 Hermann Behrens