[Mapserver-users] no tiff layer {Scanned}

Lars Möller moeller at basis5.de
Thu Jun 3 08:46:12 EDT 2004

thanks for your answer.

I checked the landsat layer.
it gives an png format out. gdal supports png the mapserver too.
I see the mapserver supports only output png but input gdal. gdal
supports png.

the only thing I didn't get installed is the libXpm.
I don't find a way to installe this.
could that be the reason?

the output of mapserv -v gdalinfo --formats and configure follows:

configure: checking where libXpm is installed......
checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... no
         XPM (libXpm) library cannot be found, possibly needed for GD

the mapserver gives this out:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'landsat'.
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
format
drawEPP(): Image handling error.
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/tmp/108626019873110.img.tmp is not an EPPL file.

this is was in landsat layer stnads:
   LAYER # LandSat WMS map from JPL
     NAME         landsat
     TYPE         RASTER
     OFFSITE      0 0 0
     STATUS       OFF
     CONNECTIONTYPE     WMS
     CONNECTION
"http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?REQUEST=map&LAYERS=us_landsat7&STYLES=&FORMAT=png&TRANSPARENT=true"

     METADATA
       "wms_title" "US Landsat7 image mosaic"
       "wms_name" "us_landsat7"
       "wms_abstract" "Seamless mosaic of Landsat7 1999/2000. 1/2
arcsecond, pansharpened"
       "wms_server_version" "1.0.0"
       "wms_srs" "epsg:4326"
       "wms_format" "image/png"
     END

     PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:4326"
     END

   END # LandSat WMS image ends here

this gives the mapserv -v :
MapServer version 4.0.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

the gdalinfo --formats:

Supported Formats:
   VRT: Virtual Raster
   GTiff: GeoTIFF
   NITF: National Imagery Transmission Format
   HFA: Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
   SAR_CEOS: CEOS SAR Image
   CEOS: CEOS Image
   ELAS: ELAS
   AIG: Arc/Info Binary Grid
   AAIGrid: Arc/Info ASCII Grid
   SDTS: SDTS Raster
   DTED: DTED Elevation Raster
   PNG: Portable Network Graphics
   JPEG: JPEG JFIF
   MEM: In Memory Raster
   JDEM: Japanese DEM (.mem)
   GIF: Graphics Interchange Format (.gif)
   ESAT: Envisat Image Format
   BSB: Maptech BSB Nautical Charts
   XPM: X11 PixMap Format
   BMP: MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
   PCIDSK: PCIDSK Database File
   PNM: Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
   DOQ1: USGS DOQ (Old Style)
   DOQ2: USGS DOQ (New Style)
   ENVI: ENVI .hdr Labelled
   EHdr: ESRI .hdr Labelled
   PAux: PCI .aux Labelled
   MFF: Atlantis MFF Raster
   MFF2: Atlantis MFF2 (HKV) Raster
   FujiBAS: Fuji BAS Scanner Image
   GSC: GSC Geogrid
   FAST: EOSAT FAST Format
   BT: VTP .bt (Binary Terrain) 1.3 Format
   JPEG2000: JPEG-2000 part 1 (ISO/IEC 15444-1)
   L1B: NOAA Polar Orbiter Level 1b Data Set
   FIT: FIT Image
   USGSDEM: USGS Optional ASCII DEM
   GXF: GeoSoft Grid Exchange Format

Siki Zoltan schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> Propably the raster format of landsat not supported on your installed
> version.
>
> Check
> mapserv -v
> or
> gdalinfo --format
> to see the supported raster formats, it depends on your installation.
>
> Bye Zoltan
>
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Lars Möller wrote:
>

>>hi,
>>I tried the example3-3.htm with the layer landsat.
>>I get this error:
>>
>>msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'landsat'.
>>msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
>>format
>>drawEPP(): Image handling error.
>>/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/tmp/108625921164530.img.tmp is not an EPPL file.
>>
>>whenn I configure I get this error:
>>
>>checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... no
>>         XPM (libXpm) library cannot be found, possibly needed for GD
>>

>>could the missing libXpm bring the error?
>>I tried to installe this libXpm, but dosen't work.
>>has somenone an idea?
>>
>>thanks lars möller
>>

>>_____________________________
>>
>>dipl.-ing. lars möller