[Mapserver-users] Tiled Tiff problem solved

John Wiley JWiley at city.parksville.bc.ca
Fri Jun 4 15:08:00 EDT 2004

I heard ermapper was a go...

>>> "Wim Blanken (PI)" <wim.blanken at planet.nl> 06/04/04 11:46am >>>
Hello Mapserver lovers,

We had a problem using tiled tiffs in our mapserver application. Our favourite image converter (XNVIEW) could not convert these to 8 bits tiff in batch for use in mapserver. We downloaded a trial version of PMVIEW and this package does the job perfectly so it is a nice work around. Does however anyone know an opensource package that can handle and convert tiled tiffs? (packbits compressed). Does GIMP cover this?

Regards,

Wim Blanken