[Mapserver-users] MapInfo tif through Mapserver {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Fri Jun 4 19:42:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

As far as i understand your question, you have tif images
georeferenced for mapinfo. To display a raster (othophoto, scanned map)
in mapinfo you need a tif/jpg/... image file and a tab file with
fit in points coordinates in the image coordinate system and the
map coordinate system. This is not supported in mapserver.
You must convert the tab file into a world file.
For the world file you need the coordinates of the upper left corner
of the image and the size of a pixel in x and y direction.
See raster howto.

Bye
Zoltan