[Mapserver-users] MapServ Compile Error after GDAL 1.2 install

Andrew Rich devel at itdownunder.com.au
Mon Jun 7 05:45:19 EDT 2004

> > [root at tanami mapserver-4.2.0]# ./configure --with-gd=/usr/local
> > --with-freetype=/usr/bin --with-proj=/usr/src/proj-4.4.8
> > --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
> > --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-wmsclient --with-wfs
> > --with-wfsclient
> >

> > [root at tanami mapserver-4.2.0]# ./mapserv -v
> >
> > MapServer version 4.2.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> > SUPPORTS=FREETYPE INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE
> >

> Hi.
>
> If you compare your configure parameters with the -v output you can
see
> that there is nothing taken from the configure script because the -v
> output look nearly like the basic mapserver properties. It is like
using
> configure without any option.
>
> Did you run the configure script the first time without options?
Because
> if you have done this you should have make a "make distclean" or
> something to delete the old config cache and so on.
>
> If this is not the reason then you should have a look at the output of
> your configure script and also take a look in your makefile.
>
> Regards,
> Norbert.

Hi Norbert

Thank you.  I think you are correct.

I actually deleted the source and extracted again and compiled and it
worked.  So no that I am familiar with make distclean I will do that in
the future.

Now I have problems with Webalizer and GD so can never win with
upgrades.

Thank you again.

Andrew Rich