[Mapserver-users] setting the outline color of a colorbar

Bhavana Rakesh Bhavana.Rakesh at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 8 14:14:52 EDT 2004

Hi All,
I am trying to set the outline color of the individual color boxes(which

makes the color bar) to the color within the box itself.  Earlier in
mapserver3.5 I could do it using
 $myClass = $layer->GetClass($j);
 $myClass-> set("outlinecolor",$myClass->color);

In mapserver 4.1, the the layer object no longer has the outlinecolor
element.  I found the outline color element in the style object, and i
tried the following line of code
$myClass->style->set("outlinecolor", $myClass->style->color);

where "outlinecolor" is a color object itself.

I looks like I have to set the individual RGB values of the color
object.  There is a function to set the RGB colors
setRGB(int red, int green, int blue);

but how to I getRGB in the first place to set it?  I see no function in
the documentation to get the RGB values.  Any pointers to get the colors

will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Bhavana