[Mapserver-users] OGC compliance for WMS

Barry Wilson barrywilson at fs.fed.us
Tue Jun 8 17:59:17 EDT 2004

Yep.  You've described it perfectly.

-Ty

                      "Ed McNierney"
                      <ed at topozone.com         To:      "Barry Wilson" <barrywilson at fs.fed.us>
                      >                        cc:      <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                                               Subject: RE: [Mapserver-users] OGC compliance for WMS
                      06/08/2004 04:37
                      PM

This must be fun for the others to watch <g>.

Let me try again.  If I understand your scenario correctly, then I think
there is indeed a bug in MapServer - just not the bug you mentioned.  I
am not suggesting that other WMSes need conform to MapServer, but that
MapServer needs construct its WMS requests correctly.

Just to double-check - your scenario described this:

             Client <---------> YOUR MapServer WMS <---------> USGS ArcIMS
WMS
              EPSG:2163                      EPSG:4326

Right?  In that scenario there is no request TO MapServer for non-square
pixels, so that can't be the problem.  But MapServer MAY be incorrectly
constructing a non-square-pixel request to the USGS server when it
doesn't intend to do so.

             - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker