[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Thu Jun 10 06:11:02 EDT 2004

boli schrieb:
> Hello,
>
>      Is there any requirement for raster file to be used by MapServer?
>  As raster file is used in the tutorial of MapServer "Exmaple1.5", but the rater file can't be displayed when I replace the raster file listed in the map file with another TIF file.

Hi.

What do you mean by replace? The mapserver always need to have the right
extent and projections. Is this what you mean by requirement?

Are you sure that the image is in the extent of the tutorial?
Are you sure that your tif has the same projection like the one in the
tutorial?

(If you have GDAL then you can use gdalinfo on your raster to see some
details.)

You should correct these things that they fit your data.

Regards,
Norbert