[Mapserver-users] crash using srs parameter in getmap request

craig.gould at bt.com craig.gould at bt.com
Thu Jun 10 09:17:03 EDT 2004

Tom,

If John's crash is anything like the crash I experienced then it is the
actual mapserv process on the machine that crashes with a null pointer
exception somewhere.

This crash only happens with certain types of projections. I was using
British National Grid (BNG). The native projection of the WMS server was
BNG, and the native projection of the WMS client was BNG. However if I
include the SRS parameter then the map server process on the WMS server
crashed (however not if you used a browser and did a standard request).
If I took out the SRS parameter via a redirecting page the process did
not crash.

Upper and lower case made no difference for me. The application still
crashed.

BTW, when I found this problem I posted it on this list, but got no
answer back. Since then at least two other people have posted similar
problems. Each time I've let them know how I got round the problem.
Unfortunately I can't get seem to get map server to compile on my win
machine so I can't look into where this may be happening.

Craig.