[Mapserver-users] MapServer and ASP.Net

Emil Zegers EZS at DeStraat.NL
Fri Jun 11 03:12:20 EDT 2004

Hello Ross,

Yes, you can use ASP.net or any other programming language to work with MapServer CGI. What you would preferrably do is write your own ASP.net 'wrapper' or class to build the requests to and parse the responses from MapServer.

Of course you can also just build requests on the fly but for code maintenance it would be best to put things together a bit.

A sample of a .net wrapper can be found at http://www.iter.dk/

Best regards,

Emil Zegers

>>> ross s <r0ss at shaw.ca> 06/11/04 04:28 AM >>>
Hi everyone,
I searched the archives because I assume this question has been
asked a lot but I could not locate any conclusive answers.

Can ASP.Net be used to design websites and communicate with the
MapServercgi exe?  Any assistance would be useful, we are an ASP
shop looking to move into the MapServer world and we would like
to leverage our ASP knowledge.

Thanks any assistance would be greatly appreciatetd, I will summarize the responses from everyone.

Ross

VChecked