[Mapserver-users] crash using srs parameter in getmap request

John Pulles john.pulles at geodan.nl
Fri Jun 11 05:46:06 EDT 2004

Ed McNierney wrote:

>Folks -
>
>What version of MapServer are you running when you get this crash?  My
>memory is being fuzzy right now, but there was a bug quite a while ago
>that had something to do with a buffer/pointer problem with SRS
>parameters (I think).  I ran into it and Daniel fixed it - but it was
>rather a long time ago.  If you're using an old version of MapServer,
>try something newer.

Hi again,

The crash 'succeeded' with MapServer version 4.2-beta2 on W2K (from
http://160.94.77.165/ms42b2_gif_pg.zip). As far as I know, mapserver
version 4.2 is only available as a beta, so after suggestions to upgrade
to version 4.2, it seemed worth to try to build mapserver 4.2 on Linux.
With this version the crash does NOT occur and the url returns an image
with or without srs parameters for both desired projections.
Question that remains is if the problem in beta2 occurred  because of
the beta status or because of the windows version?

John.

-------------------------------------
Geodan IT b.v.
Buitenhaven 27-A