[Mapserver-users] gdall, mapscript and jp2 files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jun 12 11:40:48 EDT 2004

Mark Adams wrote:
> Hoping someone can help me out. I’m trying to add some .jp2 files to our
> mapserver site. I’ve determined that the version of gdal12.dll that is
> distributed with the php_mapscript binary package does not support this
> format; but I’ve found a version of the dll that does support it. When
> we tried to simply replace the existing gdal with the new one, our
> application blew up – we received errors indicating that the
> php_mapscript dll could not be found etc. We understand from that that
> we’ll have to recompile to include support for jp2 files. But – do we
> need to recompile mapscript, mapserver, or both? Where are the calls to
> gdall made from?

Mark,

I think you would pretty much have to recompile everything with compatible
build options.  I could provide mapserv with this already but I don't know
how to build the PHP stuff.

Recent innovations in building mechanisms on windows (to use DLL interfaces
more cleanly for OGR) should help resolve the problem of over-tight linkage
between MapServer and OGR by 4.4 release time.

Best regards,